We aim to make our website as accessible as possible. However if you use a screen reader and require debt advice you may find it easier to phone us instead. Our phone number is 0 8 0 0 1 3 8 1 1 1 1. Freephone (including all mobiles).

Uncle Buck in administration

As of March 2020, the short-term loans lender, Uncle Buck, has gone into administration. Find out what to do if you owe them money.

What do I do if I owe money to Uncle Buck?

If you have a debt with Uncle Buck, this debt still needs to be repaid. If you have a repayment plan, such as debt management plan (DMP), you should continue to make repayments to this to avoid any further action being taken against you.

If you're a StepChange client and worried about how this can affect your debt solution, contact us.

If you think you've been unfairly treated by Uncle Buck, for example due to irresponsible lending, should consider raising a complaint with Uncle Buck. As they've now entered administration, you won't be able to escalate the complaint to the financial ombudsman, but you may still get a refund from the lender if your complaint's upheld.

If you have both an outstanding debt and a complaint with Uncle Buck, you should stop paying the debt until the complaint's resolved. This is so that any redress they get can be offset against your outstanding debt.

Find out more about making a complaint against a creditor.

How can I contact Uncle Buck?

If you have any questions, you can contact Uncle Buck on 01959 543400, or email them at info@unclebuck.tv.

I’m worried about my Uncle Buck debt, what should I do?

If you’re worried about your Uncle Buck loan or any other debts, you need expert debt advice.

Our team of debt experts help 620,000 people a year to deal with their debt problems. Our free, impartial and confidential advice is tailored to your situation.