What do I need in order to review my plan?
We want to make your plan review as easy as possible. It’s worthwhile getting the following information together beforehand:
- Information on your income and outgoings (a recent bank statement can help)
- Details of any payments you’ve missed, which could include mortgage payments or household bills
- How long you’ve left to pay on things such as your mortgage, hire purchase loans, benefit overpayments, County Court judgments or charging orders
- Whether each debt is in your name or joint names
- Details of any new debts that aren’t currently on your plan
- Details of any valuable items such as cars, property, savings, premium bonds or jewellery
If you haven’t used our online service before,
don’t worry. You’ll find full instructions on screen.
Why do I have to review my plan?
As set out in your plan agreement, you must review your plan at least once a year, and whenever your situation changes.
If your situation has improved, we can help you to be free of your debts sooner. Or you may be struggling with your current payments, and we can help with that too. There may even be other debt solutions that are now available and more suitable for you.
What happens if I don’t complete a review?
Without reviewing your plan at least once a year, we’re unable to say whether or not a DMP is still the best option for you. If your plan ends, you may need to deal with your debts alone.
What if I can’t do my review online?
If you can’t review your plan online, call us on 0300 303 5300. One of our advisors will be more than happy to go through your budget and review your plan with you.
We're experiencing an extremely high volume of calls into the charity at the moment. Please be aware that you'll need to wait longer than usual to talk to an advisor.
Please have any important documents to hand when you call us. This will help the advisor work through your plan review with you as quickly as possible.