How to get debt help from us
No-one needs to know you have come to us for debt help. This does not affect your credit score.
1. You get in touch with us
Whether you get help online or by calling us, the process is the same. We recommend ways to deal with your debts, based on what you have told us about your situation.
Both our online debt advice tool and our advisors guide you through the session. If you need more time, you can pause and come back later.
If you need to, you can start online and then switch to the phone. And after you have spoken to us, you can finish up online, if that works for you.
2. We find out more about you
To make sure the advice and solutions we offer are right for you, we ask you to tell us about your financial situation.
We will ask you:
3. We recommend ways for you to get back on track
After your debt advice session we will give you your 'personal action plan'. Based on what you have told us, this plan will include:
- Information about any debt solutions we think are right for you and how to set these up
- A monthly budget plan so you know what you have to spend
- Advice on dealing with the people you owe money to
- Ways you can increase your income or reduce your spending
- What would happen if you didn't pay your debts Details of organisations we work with, if you need further support