We aim to make our website as accessible as possible. However if you use a screen reader and require debt advice you may find it easier to phone us instead. Our phone number is 0 8 0 0 1 3 8 1 1 1 1. Freephone (including all mobiles).

Government and benefits

Advice on claiming benefits and support with dealing with government departments, including tax and the prison service.

Child Maintenance Choices

Northern Ireland only: Impartial, government-run information helping both parents choose the best way to administer maintenance payments.

Child Maintenance Options

Not available in Northern Ireland: Impartial, government-run service helping both parents choose the best way to administer maintenance payments .


Not available in Northern Ireland: Advice for single parents on benefits, employment, maintenance, child care, funding for education and more.

DWP Debt Management

Collecting overpayments of benefits, including Universal Credit, and Tax Credit.


Not available in Northern Ireland (see NI Direct): Information on public services and how to use them, including health, motoring, benefits, employment, crime, pensions etc.

Healthy Start

UK-wide: Healthy Start provide vouchers for milk (and instant formula milk), fresh and frozen fruit and vegetable, and vitamins for low-income families with children under four.

HM Courts & Tribunals Service

England and Wales only: Information about court processes. Includes a library of useful court forms, a directory of court addresses and details of fees.

HM Prison Service

England and Wales only: Useful information for prisoners and their families regarding visits, releases, prisoner resettlement and more.

HMRC Child Benefit Enquiries

UK-wide: Advice on entitlement to child benefit and how to claim it. Also features guidance on how to pay back overpayments.

HMRC new self-employed queries

UK-wide: Information on registering for self-employed tax, National Insurance, VAT and CIS.

HMRC Tax Credit Enquiries

UK-wide: Information about working and child tax credits.

Housing Advice NI

Northern Ireland only: The home of independent housing advice in Northern Ireland supporting those with housing difficulties.

Low Incomes Tax Reform Group

UK-wide: Information on tax and related benefits for pensioners, students and people on a low income.

One Parent Families Scotland

Scotland only: Advice for single parents on benefits, employment, maintenance, child care, funding for education and more.

Personal Support Unit

England only: A charity supporting people who face going to court alone, helping them represent themselves to the best of their ability. They explain how the court works, help fill in forms, organise papers, and discuss settling issues without going to court.

Scottish Association for Mental Health (SAMH)

Scotland only:  They provide support, accommodation, employment and rehabilitation for people dealing with mental health issues.

Scottish Courts

Scotland only: Information about court processes, forms, fees and listings in Scotland.

Social Security Agency (SSA)

Northern Ireland only: Assessing and paying benefits in Northern Ireland on behalf of the Department of Work & Pensions.


UK-wide: Charity helping people on low incomes understand and deal with tax issues.

Trust Online

UK-wide: Trust Online allows you to check public records of CCJs, Admin Orders, fines, High Court judgments, Sheriff court judgments etc for a small fee.

Turn 2 Us

UK-wide: Turn2us is a national charity that helps people who are struggling financially to access benefits, trust funds and grants.

TV Licensing

UK-wide: Information line regarding TV licence, how to pay and dealing with payment problems.

Write To Them

UK-wide: Find the contact details for your MP or MEP for support when making complaints.