DAS survey results for 2017
The Debt Arrangement Scheme (DAS) in Scotland provides a debt solution known as a debt payment programme (DPP).
It's only available to our Scottish clients, and crucially it stops creditors from adding interest and charges to your debt while you make your agreed repayments.
As part of our ongoing work to ensure that the scheme works for our clients, we surveyed over 450 clients who are paying off their debts through the debt arrangement scheme.
Here are the key findings from the survey:
- 81% of our clients said it is now easier to pay their debt through DAS
- 78% or our clients said that they are less stressed now and can sleep
- Two thirds of clients no longer felt that creditors were treating them badly, and felt more confident contacting them
- Most creditors have a limited knowledge and understanding of DAS as a debt product
- Many clients report that despite the DAS requiring creditors to halt enforcement action, almost a quarter reported to continuing to receive harassing phone calls from creditors
Download the report now for the full picture.