We aim to make our website as accessible as possible. However if you use a screen reader and require debt advice you may find it easier to phone us instead. Our phone number is 0 8 0 0 1 3 8 1 1 1 1. Freephone (including all mobiles).

What documents can I send to prove who I am?

To continue managing your debt solution, we need to validate your name and address. This is due to a change in regulation.

Where possible please send us a copy of the below documents. You only need to send one example from each of the two categories, so when you send your documents, you'll be sending two in total.

Proof of your name

  • Passport: this needs to include the long passport number along the bottom of the page
  • Original birth certificate. This would be a UK birth certificate issued within 12 months of the date of birth in full form including those issued by UK authorities overseas such as Embassies High Commissions and HM Forces
  • EEA member state identity card. This can also be used as evidence of address if it carries this.
  • Current UK photo card driving licence
  • Full old-style driving licence
  • Photographic registration cards for self-employed individuals in the construction industry -CIS4
  • Benefit book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency
  • Firearms or shotgun certificate
  • Residence permit issued by the Home Office to EEA nationals on sight of own country passport
  • National identity card bearing a photograph of the applicant
  • UK Marriage certificate
  • Deed poll certificate (needs to be supported by another form of ID showing your new name being used).

Proof of your address

  • Utility bill (gas, electric, satellite television, landline phone bill) issued within the last three months
  • Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year
  • Current UK driving licence (but only if not used for the name evidence)
  • Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement or passbook dated within the last three months
  • Original mortgage statement from a recognised lender issued for the last full year
  • Solicitors letter within the last three months confirming recent house purchase or land registry confirmation of address
  • Council or housing association rent card or tenancy agreement for the current year
  • Benefit book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency (but not if used as proof of name)
  • HMRC self-assessment letters or tax demand dated within the current financial year
  • Electoral Register entry
  • NHS Medical card or letter of confirmation from GP’s practice of registration with the surgery