As a charity we offer free and confidential debt advice online and over the phone. We’ve been helping people deal with their debt problems for nearly 30 years, using our experience to train expert advisors and develop professional online tools.
However, we understand that face to face debt advice (meeting someone in person) may sometimes be more suitable for you. If you get in touch with us by phone or online and then decide you’d prefer face to face advice, we’ll encourage you to visit fellow debt advice charities.
Different ways to get help with debt
Wherever you get help with your debts, do make sure the advice is free, confidential and unbiased.
You may find you prefer getting online debt advice if:
- You find it difficult to talk to someone about your financial situation
- You find it easier to have an advice session later in the evening
- You're more comfortable with online interactions than using the phone, as many of our clients are
You may prefer speaking to someone over the phone if:
- You find it reassuring to talk though your situation
- You prefer to hear a friendly voice at the end of the phone
You may prefer to speak to a debt advisor in person if:
- You find it hard to communicate over the phone
- You’re not able to use online tools
- You find it more difficult to read and write and would like someone to help you
- You need help with other issues alongside your debt, for example housing, employment, benefits or immigration advice
Our online debt advice is available 24 hours a day