One hour after your debt advice session
Sit down, put the kettle on and have a cup of tea.
The hard bit is out of the way. You don't have enough spare money to make a big payment to your creditors but we'll help you pay £1 a month to each of them.
Before you start getting all your information together take 15 minutes to relax and feel happy with the fact that you've done something positive to help your situation.
If we’ve emailed you your personal action plan it’ll be waiting for you in your inbox by the time you've finished your cuppa (if we've posted it to you it'll be there in the next couple of days).
The day after your debt advice session
Right, time to get things moving.
To set up your TPP we only need 4 things from you. So we can get you up and running as quickly as possible (the faster we set it up the quicker we can contact your creditors) please send all of this information to us in one go.
- Proof of your income. This can be a wage slip or a bank statement and it needs to match the amount you gave us during your debt advice session. If it doesn’t make sure you include a note to tell us why.
- A list of your debts. Don’t worry about sending us a statement from each of your debts. We just need the name of the company and your account number with them. You could even take photos of your recent statements and email these into us.
- Your signed TPP agreement. Without this we can’t contact your creditors.
- The completed Direct Debit mandate.
You can post it to:
StepChange Debt Charity
If you post your information to us, make sure you take your envelope to the post office and pay the correct postage.
Or, if you can scan all of the information you can email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do this don't forget to include your name and client reference number in the email.
The week after your debt advice session
As long as you sent us all the information we need we'll be busy setting up your TPP.
Once we've processed your information we'll contact each of your creditors and:
- Tell them you’re setting up a TPP with us
- Give them a copy of your budget so they know why we've set up your TPP and that you’re paying as much as you can afford
- Let them know when they’ll get the first payment from us
If any of your creditors contact you, just let them know your plan has been set up, we’ve sent them their proposal and they’ll get their first payment soon.