b) Your signed Direct Debit agreement
This document is in your DMP welcome pack. You can also download a copy of the Direct Debit form on our website (PDF).
Why we need this document: We can only start paying your creditors once you authorise the Direct Debit for your monthly payment. Once your DMP is set up, we'll confirm how much your monthly payment will be, and when it's due.
Please complete the Direct Debit agreement form with the following details:
- Your full name
- Your address and post code
- Your sort code
- Your account number
- Your bank's address and post code, and
- Your StepChange client reference number (it's usually seven digits long and was given to you when you first registered with us).
You must also tick the box to confirm that you agree to the terms of the Direct Debit guarantee, and then sign and date the form. Also, you must 'wet sign' the form (hand written signature, not typed).
c) Proof of income
Why we need this information: by seeing proof of your income, we can be sure that a debt management plan is the right solution for you.
Your proof of income needs to include your full name, and can be one of the following:
Your most recent payslip (dated within the last three months)
- A recent bank statement that shows income you've received (dated within the last three months). You can also highlight your income figures if you think this would help us identify it quicker
- For benefits, please send your most recent award letter. We need to see all pages, and this letter should include the benefits amount that you’re currently receiving
The figure on your proof of income should match the amount you gave us during your debt advice session. If it doesn’t match, make sure you include a note to us that explains why.