b) Your signed Direct Debit agreement
This document is in your DMP welcome pack. You can also download a copy of the Direct Debit form on our website (PDF).
Why we need this document:
- We can only start paying the people you owe once you authorise the Direct Debit for your monthly payment
- Once your DMP is set up, we will confirm:
- How much your monthly payment will be
- When it is due
Please complete the Direct Debit agreement form with the following details:
- Your full name
- Your address and post code
- Your sort code
- Your account number
- Your bank's address and post code
- Your StepChange client reference number. It is usually seven digits long and was given to you when you first registered with us
You must also tick the box to confirm that you agree to the terms of the Direct Debit guarantee, and then sign and date the form.
c) Proof of income
Why we need this information:
Seeing proof of your income makes sure a debt management plan is the right solution for you.
Your proof of income needs to include your full name, and can be one of the following:
- Your most recent payslip (dated within the last three months)
- A recent bank statement that shows your income (dated within the last three months). You can also highlight your income figures if you think this would help us find it quicker
- For benefits, please send your most recent award letter. We need to see all pages, and this letter should include the benefits amount that you currently get
The figure on your proof of income should match the amount you gave us during your debt advice session. If it does not match, make sure you include a note that explains why.