How can I pay less for my mobile phone contract?
There are a number of ways:
- Tell your provider you found a better deal and see if they will match it
- Cancel anything in your contract you do not use. Such as call minutes
- Search for better deals. Comparison sites will help you find them
- Use free services where you can. Make use of data and wifi hot spots
Cheaper mobile phones
SIM only deals
You get minutes, texts and mobile data but do not pay for a device.
- Save money with a cheap handset
- Find a shorter contract term
- Easy to cancel if you want to
Buy credit in advance and only pay for what you use.
- No long contracts
- Switch providers any time
- Only pay for minutes, texts and data
You need to buy or use a phone separately.
Review your allowances or tariff
Make sure your contract covers your texts, calls and mobile data.
Sometimes the network provider can cap your allowances. This stops you going over your usage limits.
There may be a cheaper deal out there.
Compare prices by looking at the comparison sites listed on the Ofcom website.