Things to think about before remortgaging
Remortgaging is something you need to consider carefully. It’s important to get as much information as possible before you make a decision. Some areas to consider are:
- What will the interest rate be?
- What term do I want?
- What will the new monthly payment be?
- What type of mortgage is best for me, fixed or variable?
- How much am I going to pay in fees for a remortgage?
- How will this improve my situation?
If you’re considering a remortgage, before you do anything else, you should speak to us. We’ll be able to assess your situation and see if there are any other options available to help you deal with your debts.
You can use our online debt advice tool, Debt Remedy, or call our Helpline (free from all mobiles and landlines).