We aim to make our website as accessible as possible. However if you use a screen reader and require debt advice you may find it easier to phone us instead. Our phone number is 0 8 0 0 1 3 8 1 1 1 1. Freephone (including all mobiles).
Family sitting in living room with mu and dad looking at a laptoplaptop

Report a scam or misleading debt advice advert

If you see false advertising, misleading or scam adverts for debt advice in your search results or on social media, you can report it.

You might want to report an advert if you think:

  • The information is misleading – for example, they’re making claims about writing off debt that seem too good to be true
  • The advertiser may not be who they claim to be - they’re giving the impression they have government authorisation or have a brand name suspiciously similar to a trusted advice provider
  • The advert seems unfair or irresponsible - they’re promoting debt solutions that can make them money, rather than helping people

All popular social media platforms and search engines have a way to report misleading or incorrect advertising.

As well as reporting them to the publisher, for example Google, you can report scam adverts to the Adverting Standards Authority (ASA).

If you see any misleading and inaccurate adverts, you can also report them to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) if the advertiser is authorised by them.

Find out how to:

Make sure it's us...

Report a misleading debt advice advert on social media

You can report an advert through the platform's website. The company will review your report and take action if they think necessary.

Google and Bing both have ways to report misleading adverts. Google adverts can also appear outside of search results, on other websites. You can report these the same way.

Reporting to regulatory bodies

You don't have to go through a company’s reporting process. You can also report adverts directly to the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA).

If you know the firm is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), then you should report the ad to the FCA instead.

You can also report issues such as scams and unauthorised firms to the FCA.

Insolvency Complaints Gateway

If you want to complain about an advert that appears to be from an IVA firm, or who lists an insolvency practitioner’s name on the website, you can use the Insolvency Complaints Gateway online form to complain to the Insolvency Service and to their recognised professional body.

Woman on her sofa with a cup of tea

Our clients' stories

“The service has been amazing, I feel a massive weight off my mind.”

Read more from our clients