Help to stop gambling or tackle addiction
There is no one solution to gambling problems. Different approaches work for different people:
Speak to your GP
Your NHS GP is the best place to start.
Tell them if gambling is affecting:
Your GP can tell you what treatments are available in your area.
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is a form of talking therapy that many people find effective.
GamCare - TalkBanStop
GamCare offer support and counselling.
- Their advisors can help you find face-to-face counselling in your area
- You can get free tools and support in a matter of minutes
TalkBanStop combines tools and support to help you:
- Stop gambling
- Stay in recovery
- Phone: 0808 8020 133,
- Whatsapp: 020 3031 8881
- Chat live on the GamCare website
GamCare’s advisors will:
- Offer Gamban’s blocking software for free
- Signpost you to the GAMSTOP self-exclusion scheme
You can also ask your bank to block gambling payments.
Visit the GamCare website to find out more about TalkBanStop.
Many people find comfort and support in confidential peer support groups.
You can ask GamCare, your GP, or check out: