Every year, people in the UK miss out on benefits and tax credits worth more than £10 billion.
Make sure you claim all the benefits you can get. There may be some you do not know about.
Use our free online benefits calculator to help:
- Increase your income
- Improve your situation
Have you claimed Child Benefit?
Child Benefit can be claimed by parents or guardians with a child:
- Under 16 in their household or
- Under 20 if they stay in approved education or training
You can get:
- £1,248 per year for a first child
- £826.80 for any other child
These rates are as of 2023.
You can now claim fully online. The money should arrive within three days.
Get a second job or work extra hours
- Look for an extra part-time job?
- Try to increase your hours at work?
This is not easy, but sometimes 1-2 extra hours is all you need.
Ask for board
Ask any adult children who live with you to pay towards:
Check your tax band
Make sure you are paying the right amount of tax.
Check your tax code and make sure that you claim any tax credits you can get.