What makes ‘buy now pay later’ popular?
Stores have been offering credit and payment options for a long time.
BNPL payment options are flexible which means:
- You do not have to wait for pay day before shopping
- You can shop bargains and deals when they are available
- You can ‘try before you buy’ when you order clothes online
Online stores use BNPL because it helps shoppers feel better about buying.
But that is not a good deal for you.
- Taking out credit is risky
- Cancel your order if you cannot afford something
- Falling behind on BNPL will cost you more in the long run