I can’t afford my buy-now pay-later payment
Taking out buy-now pay-later credit can seem like a good idea at the time, but now that people’s financial situations have changed unexpectedly, many may struggle to keep up with their agreed payments.
If you can no longer afford to make your agreed payments, contact your creditor as soon as possible to find out how they can help.
Think first before you buy now, pay later
When you’re shopping online, it’s a good idea to ask yourself these questions before you make a purchase using BNPL:
- Is the money needed for the purchase within your weekly (or monthly) budget?
- If BNPL was not available, would you still make the purchase?
- Is what you’re buying a necessity?
- Can you wait for the item until you next have some money to spend?
It's also worth thinking about how you can save the money in advance to avoid using buy now, pay later. You might consider:
- Budgeting an amount each month for online shopping
- Selling unwanted items first, to raise money you can spend on purchases
- Reducing your outgoings in other areas, to save money