Check the mortgage deal against your monthly budget
Build a monthly budget to see:
- How much you have coming in
- How much you need to spend each month
This helps you see what you can really afford.
Read our guide to making a budget.
Can I get a mortgage if I have a debt solution?
It depends on the debt solution.
- They work in different ways
- They give lenders different information
Weigh up how a debt solution can affect your mortgage before going ahead.
Other ways to pay off your debts may be better.
Get free and impartial debt advice to be sure.
Find out more about mortgages and debt solutions.
Can I improve my credit score to get a mortgage?
Each lender has different rules for using credit records.
The best answer is to:
- Pay your bills on time
- Use credit sensibly
- Always keep to payment agreements
You can build up your credit score by:
- Opening a bank account
- Taking out a credit card and making sure you pay this off in full every month
- Getting a mobile phone contract and keeping up with payments
- Being on the electoral roll
- Making sure all the information on your record is correct
Read more about credit scores.
Can I remortgage with bad credit?
You may be looking to remortgage if:
There are a range of options on the market, but every lender has different rules.
Read more about remortgaging here.