This latest report provides insight into the demographic and debt information of new clients who first received debt advice in October 2021. It also includes the latest insights on our website traffic trends.
Our key findings from October 2021:
- StepChange provided full debt advice to almost 13,000 new clients in this month.
- The charity continued to see an increased number of visits to the website, which received 330,000 visits in the month of October. This includes growing numbers of visits to the ‘emergency funding’ web page, which saw an 7% monthly increase in visits between September and October, and the ‘DWP debt management’ debt information webpage, which saw a 50% increase in web visits.
- The proportion of clients in receipt of Universal Credit remains at 34%, which is slightly higher than levels in 2020 (33%).
- Renting from a private landlord remained as the most common housing type among new clients in October (35%). There was also a two percentage point increase in new clients renting from a housing association or their local authority (33%) between September and October.
- As with previous months and years, a disproportionate number of women accessed full debt advice (62%) compared to the wider UK population.
Take a look at the full report to find out more.
This is the latest report in our series detailing data during the pandemic.