Refused a loan after an affordability check?
It can be frustrating when an affordability check stops you getting credit.
It may be worth asking yourself a few things:
- Do you really need to borrow more?
- Could you manage without?
- Are you struggling with any other debts?
It could be a sign that you need a href="/how-we-help.aspx">help with money.
What happens if I give wrong information to a lender?
Try not to forget anything during an affordability check.
Things can quickly spiral if you borrow more than you can afford.
Giving false information can:
- Lead to your affordability complaint being refused
- The people you owe might say you gave them bad information
- You could argue they should have asked for more detail
- Like bank statements or wage slips
- Cause problems the next time you apply for credit
- Some lenders use a fraud prevention service called National Hunter
- It flags up differences on previous application forms
Worried about money?
Take two minutes to answer a few simple questions, so we can find the best way to help you.