This latest report provides insight into the demographic and debt information of new clients who first received debt advice in August 2022. It also includes the latest insights on our website traffic trends.
Our key findings from August 2022:
- The number of new clients receiving full debt advice peaked in August, compared to previous months in 2022, with more clients accessing the online channel.
- In August the charity received 340,000 visits to its website, which is a 9% increase compared to July 2022. The benefits calculator webpage received the most traffic, up by 711% between July and August.
- The proportion of clients with household arrears is fairly stable with the previous calendar month. August is the first month in 2022 where the proportion of clients with electricity and gas arrears has not increased further.
- A growing proportion of clients cited the ‘cost of living’ increase as their main reason for debt (22%). This has become the most cited reason following three consecutive months of two percentage point increases.
- Around one third (32%) of clients are in receipt of Universal Credit, which is a one percentage point increase compared to July 2022.
- There is a slight increase in the proportion of new clients who are homeowners this month, which accounts for just under 1 in 5 (18%) clients.
Take a look at the full report to find out more.
This is the latest report in our series detailing monthly client data.