This latest report provides insight into the demographic and debt information of new clients who first received debt advice in July 2022. It also includes the latest insights on our website traffic trends.
Our key findings from July 2022:
- Experiencing an increase in the cost of living is the most common reason for debt and was cited by one in five (20%) new debt advice clients in July
- One third (33%) of all new clients were behind on their energy bills, up from 30% in June
- The proportion of clients with children has increased between June (43%) and July (45%). One quarter (24%) of new clients in July were single parents and one in five (21%) were in couples with children
- The proportion of new clients with negative budgets remained at 32% in July 2022. This is two percentage points higher compared to new clients at the same point 12 months ago (30% in July 2021).
- Although the number of new debt advice clients remained consistent with previous months, the number of website users increased by over 18,000 between June (295,000) and July (313,000). The ‘emergency funding’ page remained as the most visited debt information page, with over 17,000 visits.
Take a look at the full report to find out more.
This is the latest report in our series detailing monthly client data.