This latest report provides insight into the demographic and debt information of new clients who first received debt advice in November 2022. It also includes the latest insights on our website traffic trends.
Our key findings from November 2022:
- November 2022 (14,277) saw fewer clients accessing full debt advice, compared to October 2022 (15,032).
- StepChange had 328,000 website users in November, which is 4% lower than October 2022 (342,000). The income and expenditure form (9,500) saw a 46% increase in traffic between October and November 2022.
- The proportion of new clients with electricity (27%) arrears has decreased by one percentage point, although the proportion of new clients in arrears with their water and gas bills has marginally increased by one percentage point in November 2022.
- One in five (21%) clients continue to cite a ’cost of living increase’ as their main reason for debt in November, with women (23%) more likely to cite this than men (17%). Men (20%) are more likely to cite a ‘lack of control over finances’ as their leading reason for debt, compared to women (15%).
- The charity advised more under 25’s (12%) in November compared to October 2022 (11%).
Take a look at the full report to find out more.
This is the latest report in our series detailing monthly client data.