This latest report provides insight into the demographic and debt information of new clients who first received debt advice in October 2022. It also includes the latest insights on our website traffic trends.
Our key findings from October 2022
- The number of new clients receiving full debt advice slightly increased between September (14,815) and October (15,032) 2022.
- The government energy bills support scheme was launched at the beginning of October, and we saw a 34% increase in traffic to the webpage on government help with gas and electricity bills, between September and October.
- The proportion of new clients in arrears with their dual fuel (51%), electricity (28%) and gas (23%) bills has decreased between three to five percentage points, compared to September. Although, clients in arrears with their council tax bills (33%) has increased by two percentage points month-on-month.
- One in five (21%) clients continue to cite a ’cost of living increase’ as their main reason for debt in October 2022, and among those seven in ten (71%) are women.
- Around 57% of clients were in some form of employment in October 2022. Clients in receipt of Universal Credit and the proportion of clients with a negative budget is 33% each.
- There was a slight increase in the proportion of new clients who have a mortgage this month, which accounts for 14% of new clients.
Take a look at the full report to find out more.
This is the latest report in our series detailing monthly client data.