We aim to make our website as accessible as possible. However if you use a screen reader and require debt advice you may find it easier to phone us instead. Our phone number is 0 8 0 0 1 3 8 1 1 1 1. Freephone (including all mobiles).

Brighthouse in administration

As of March 2020, the rent-to-own lender Brighthouse has entered administration.

What do I do if I owe money to Brighthouse?

If you have a debt with Brighthouse, this debt still needs to be repaid. If you have a repayment plan, you should continue to make repayments to this to avoid any further action being taken against you.

If you think you have been unfairly treated by Brighthouse, for example due to irresponsible lending, should consider raising a complaint with Brighthouse. As they have now entered administration, you won't be able to escalate the complaint to the financial ombudsman, but you may still gain some redress from Brighthouse if your complaint is upheld.

If you have both an outstanding debt and a complaint with Brighthouse, you should stop paying the debt until the complaint is resolved. This is so that any redress they get can be offset against your outstanding debt. This should not put any goods at risk, because repossession action should not be taken where a complaint is under investigation.

How can I contact Brighthouse?

If you have any questions, you can contact Brighthouse on 0800 526069. They’re open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9am to 5pm, Wednesday from 9am to 4pm, and Saturday from 9am to 3pm.

I’m worried about my Brighthouse debt, what should I do?

If you’re worried about your Brighthouse agreement or any other debts, you need expert debt advice. Our team of debt experts help 620,000 people a year to deal with their debt problems. Our free, impartial and confidential advice is tailored to your situation.