This latest report provides insight into the demographic and debt information of new clients who first received debt advice in January 2023. It also includes the latest insights on our website traffic trends.
Our key findings from January 2023:
- More than 18,000 new clients completed full debt advice in January 2023, which is higher than any single month in 2022.
- The charity website was used by 364,000 users in January, which represents a 38% increase compared to December 2022 (263,000).
- Almost one quarter (24%) of new clients cited ‘a cost of living increase’ as their main reason for debt in January 2023.
- The proportion of clients with unsecured debts such as credit cards, personal loans, catalogue and store card debts increased between December 2022 and January 2023.
- More women completed debt advice in January 2023, accounting for almost two thirds (65%) of all new clients.
- The proportion of single parents and couples with children also increased in January 2023 (47%), compared to December 2022 (44%).
Take a look at the full report to find out more.