This latest report provides insight into the demographic and debt information of new clients who first received debt advice in February 2023. It also includes the latest insights on our website traffic trends.
Our key findings from February 2023:
- In February 2023, 16,076 new clients were seeking debt advice which is 19% higher than a year ago (February 2022=13,543).
- The charity website had 344,000 users in February 2023, which 1% lower than February 2022 (346,000).
- February 2023 represents the highest proportion of clients citing a ‘cost of living increase’ (25%) as their main reason for debt.
- Credit cards remain as the most common unsecured debt type, which is down between January (67%) and February 2023 at 66%.
- The proportion of clients in arrears with their dual fuel bills has increased from 51% in January to 54% in February 2023.
- StepChange advised more women (64%) in February 2023, than the same time last year (February 2022=62%).
Take a look at the full report to find out more.
This is the latest report in our series detailing monthly client data.