This latest report provides insight into the demographic and debt information of new clients who first received debt advice in March 2023. It also includes the latest insights on our website traffic trends.
Our key findings from March 2023:
- In March 2023, 17,267 new clients sought debt advice which is 7% higher than February 2023 (16,076) and 15% higher than March 2022 (14,966).
- Clients are feeling the impact of increased living costs, with over a quarter (26%) of clients citing this as their main reason for debt.
- The proportion of clients with a negative budget (34%) and the proportion of clients in receipt of Universal Credit (35%) both increased by one percentage point compared to February 2023.
- Clients in arrears with their dual fuel (55%), gas (29%) and electricity (27%) bills have increased by one to two percentage points between February and March 2023, among those with a responsibility for paying each bill type.
- Credit cards remain as the most common unsecured debt type, held by two thirds (65%) of new clients at the time of advice.
Take a look at the full report to find out more.
This is the latest report in our series detailing monthly client data