This latest report provides insight into the demographic and debt information of new clients who first received debt advice in April 2023. It also includes the latest insights on our website traffic trends.
Our key findings from April 2023:
- In April 2023, 14,512 clients accessed full debt advice, which is 15% higher than a year ago (April 2022=12,629), although 16% lower than March 2023 (17,267), which is in line with a seasonal trend we see each year.
- The charity website had 287,000 users in April 2023, which is 21% lower than March (381,000), although 9% higher than a year ago (April 2022 = 287,000).
- Clients continue to feel the squeeze caused by increases in the cost of living, which was cited by 27% of clients as their main reason for debt.
- The proportion of clients in arrears with their dual fuel bills (58%) has increased by three percentage points between March (55%) and April (58%) 2023, among those with a responsibility for paying this bill type.
- Over three in five (62%) StepChange clients were women; a proportion which decreased by two percentage points compared to the previous calendar month (March = 64%).
Take a look at the full report to find out more.
This is the latest report in our series detailing monthly client data