This latest report provides insight into the demographic and debt information of new clients who first received debt advice in June 2023. It also includes the latest insights on our website traffic trends.
Our key findings from June 2023:
- In June 2023 15,677 clients accessed full debt advice which is 11 percentage points higher than June 2022 (14,132).
- The charity website had 309,346 users in June 2023, compared to 294,698 users in June 2022.
- The most common reason for debt continues to be a ‘cost of living increase’ at 26% in June 2023, which is one percentage point lower than May 2023 (27%), although eight percentage points higher than a year ago (June 2022 = 18%).
- The proportion of clients with credit card (66%), personal loan (45%), and overdraft (33%) debts has increased by one percentage point each between May and June 2023.
- The proportion of clients in arrears with their council tax (33%) and water (23%) bills, in June 2023, has increased by two percentage points each month-on-month, among those with a responsibility for paying each bill type – levels which were last seen in March 2023.
- Following a three percentage points increase between April (35%) and May (38%) 2023, the proportion of clients in receipt of Universal Credit is unchanged at 38% in June 2023.
Take a look at the full report to find out more.
This is the latest report in our series detailing monthly client data.