This latest report provides insight into the demographic and debt information of new clients who first received debt advice in September 2023. It also includes the latest insights on our website traffic trends.
Our key findings from September 2023:
- The number of clients accessing full debt advice in September 2023 is 13,944, which is six percentage points lower than September 2022 (14,815)
- The self-employed income calculator webpage saw a 21 percentage points increase in views between August (6,525) and September 2023 (7,876)
- In September 2023, the proportion of clients in arrears with their dual fuel bills has fallen for the fifth consecutive month to 47%, among those with a responsibility for paying this bill type
- The proportion of clients citing a ‘cost of living increase’ as their main reason for debt has been steadily declining since its peak in April 2023 (27%) and now stands at 24% in September 2023
- In September 2023, almost a half (48%) of clients had children, which is an increase of two percentage points year-on-year (September 2022 = 46%)
- Three in five (60%) clients were in some form of employment in September 2023, which is six percentage points higher than September 2022 (54%)
Take a look at the full report to find out more.
This is the latest report in our series detailing monthly client data