This latest report provides insight into the demographic and debt information of new clients who first received debt advice in August 2023. It also includes the latest insights on our website traffic trends.
Our key findings from August 2023:
- In August 2023, 13,881 clients accessed full debt advice, which is seven percentage points lower than July 2023 (14,855)
- The number of users accessing the StepChange website increased by four percentage points between July (317,216) and August 2023 (328,726). The emergency funding webpage saw a 15 percentage points month-on-month increase in views
- In August 2023, among those with a responsibility for paying the given bill type, the proportion of clients in dual fuel (48%), electricity (25%), and gas (20%) arrears decreased by seven, two, and six percentage points month-on-month, respectively
- The proportion of clients in mortgage arrears increased from 16% in July to 18% in August 2023, among those with a responsibility for paying this bill type
- Credit cards remain as the most common unsecured debt type, up by one percentage point month-on-month to 67% in August 2023
- The proportion of clients in full-time employment increased from 42% in July to 44% in August 2023
Take a look at the full report to find out more.
This is the latest report in our series detailing monthly client data